Come out to meet new people and get a free book! Bring a wrapped book to exchange and get an exciting new one in return. Familiar with “Blind Date with a Book?” (If not, Google it, and we’ll pretend you always knew). Same concept!
*JAN 22nd UPDATE: We have a reservation for 10 people at GRBC under the names James and Jordan. If you are planning on attending this event, please shoot an email to email@example.com and let us know so we can ensure you get a seat!*
Three easy steps to participate:
1. Purchase one book (new or like new condition, please) and wrap it.
2. Write the following on the wrapping paper (or a note attached to the wrapping paper)
-genre of book
-its Goodreads.com score
-brief summary or a couple characteristics (just enough to give an idea of what it’s about without revealing what the book is)
3. Show up ready to swap! We’ll put all of the books on the table, and you’ll choose one you want based on the information written on the wrapping paper.
Worried that you won’t find something you like/haven’t read already? Your Better Off Read cohosts Jordan and James will have at least TEN extra books from various genres!
- Thursday, January 25th, 2018
- 7:00 PM EST
- 1 Ionia Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- We have a reservation under the names James and Jordan
- There is street parking downtown or paid lots further down Ionia.
- For additional information, view the Meetup event here